Rotary table bearings
Axial/radial bearings with integral measuring system
Axial/radial bearings with integral measuring system comprise:
- an axial/radial bearing YRTM with a dimensional scale and
- a MEKO/U electronic measuring system. The electronic measuring system contains two measuring heads, a set of shims and an electronic evaluation system.
Bearings of series YRTM correspond in mechanical terms to axial/radial bearings YRT but are additionally fitted with a magnetic dimensional scale. The measuring system can measure angles to an accuracy of a few angular seconds by non-contact, magneto-resistive means.
Advantages of the angular measuring system
The measuring system
- operates by non-contact means and is therefore not subject to wear
- carries out measurement irrespective of tilting and position
- has an automatically self-adjusting electronic system
- has a self-centring function
- is unaffected by lubricants
- is easy to fit and the measuring heads are easily adjusted
- there is no need for alignment of the bearing and a separate measuring system
- requires no additional parts
– the dimensional scale and measuring heads are integrated in the bearing and adjacent construction respectively
– the resulting space saved can be used for the machining area of the machine
- does not give any problems relating to supply cables. The cables can be laid within the adjacent construction directly through the large bearing bore
- gives savings on design envelope size and costs due to the compact, integrated design requiring fewer components.